making our house a home and sharing things i love along the way
I’m so happy you’re here! I hope you find something here that inspires you. I’m all about making the house (or apartment/condo/room) you live in feel more like home.
You don’t need to buy things that are expensive or take on super challenging home projects to make improvements to your space right now. Sometimes, just shopping your own home for things you already own can make a huge difference!
a little bit more about me...
I was born and raised in a small town in Illinois. I went to college at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (I-L-L!) where I studied Advertising and Communication. I was on the dance team and performed at football and basketball games (which means that I REALLY care about my team, even though we are not often good). While I was there, I met the cutest boy who played baseball and the rest is history!
After school we lived in Chicago for a bit, moved to San Francisco for a couple of years before coming back home to the suburbs of Chicago to start a family and buy our first home.
For funsies, here are a some facts about me:
- ΩWe have 2 cute toddlers, Harper and James.
- My husband, Nick, is my literal dream guy and I am so thankful he messaged me on Facebook that day. Cheesy? Yes. True? Also, yes.
- Our very first baby is Stella, a very snorty Boston Terrier who has been with us since our San Francisco days. We call her our Cali dog because she DEFINITELY was not made for Chicago winters.
- I do the majority of the home repairs around here
- I am excellent at knowing all the words to songs after hearing it once or twice
- I LOVE Golden Oreos
- I have worked in paid media marketing for the last 10+ years and spend most of my days looking at numbers.
- Mental math is not my thing. You would think that fact #7 would have helped me with this by now…
- My guilty pleasure is true crime podcasts and psychological thrillers (in audiobook form because I cannot for the life of me stay awake while reading)…
- I am obsessed with all things home (bet you didn’t see that one coming 😉